Dubai Water Canal; Amazing Facts About The Magical Modern Oasis
Dubai Water Canal is a famous waterway extending from Creek (Old Dubai) to the Arabian Gulf. This man-made channel has a length of 2.0 mi (3.2 km) and a width of 80 m to 120 m and passes through the center of the city (Business Bay) before returning to the Arabian Gulf. Due to this astonishing waterway, Downtown Dubai has become a waterfront destination.
Want to learn more about this interesting artificial water canal? Online Curtains has got you! Today we’ll be going through all the major wondrous aspects of the Dubai Water Canal and by the end of this fun-filled info, you’ll have plenty of reasons to visit this canal a part of your next (or first) visit to Dubai.
Key Features & Major Attractions Of The Dubai Water Canal
Up ahead, is a series of mind-boggling facts, a little bit of history and a list of the fun and unique things to experience at this one-of-a-kind destination.
The Captivating History Of Dubai Water Canal
Have a look at these cool facts about the history and transformation of Dubai Water Canal.
- Building the canal was the idea of UAE’s prime minister and vice-president His Highness Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, with the vision of creating a distinctive commercial as well as tourist attraction.
- The canal serves as a connection between Dubai Creek and the Arabian Gulf and is part of a greater master scheme for multiple versatile developments and purposes, offering a dynamic transformation of the landscape of Dubai.
- It was built by BESIX Subsidiary Six Construct between 2014 and 2016 with an overall cost of €261 million.
Significance & Impact Of Dubai Water Canal
Serving as a testament to the marvelous coexistence of Dubai’s past and future, the Dubai Water Canal is far more than a beautiful waterway.
- This transformative project has worked as a backbone for boosting naval trade. It works as a new cruise terminal and provides convenient access for bigger transport.
- The canal works in harmony with other waterfront developments and boosts the hospitality business and leisure industries as an outstanding tourist attraction.
- There are multiple prime locations along the canal which have led to massive growth of residential and commercial properties, hence creating job opportunities and attracting investors.
- The canal has revived older city districts such as Bur and Deira Dubai and has connected them to the modern city, leading to better infrastructure and high values of properties.
- The canal has improved connectivity within the city through pedestrian walkways and bridges. This way, it has become very convenient for both visitors and citizens to explore and move through different areas.
- The canal is full of entertainment points like restaurants, cafes, and other immersive spots, therefore an extraordinary destination for leisure times.
- It is a wonderful place to experience the vibrant and impressive atmosphere of Dubai and a range of exciting activities are offered here for recreation purposes.
- The construction of this canal has improved the quality of water in all surrounding areas with artificial wetlands and dredging. It also involves various green and sustainable features such as energy-efficient lighting and solar panels.
Fun & Exciting Activities To Do At The Canal
Explore the out-of-this-world experiences and adventures offered for everyone at this unique and picturesque destination.
Charming Cruise Journeys
No destination can possibly satisfy your craving for water voyages like the Dubai Water Canal, and that too, in the most magical manner. While soaring through the calm and clear water, you’ll get to enjoy multiple breathtaking views such as beautiful traditional dhows, the iconic Burj Khalifa, opulent hotels, stunning skyscrapers, a marvelous marina, and even a spectacular aquatic show.
This immersive journey on ferries will also give you insights into the cultural heritage depicting past life and traditions. Moreover, there are 5 pedestrian bridges with the one named “Tolerance Bridge” being a noteworthy one. These bridges provide a mesmerizing view of Dubai’s skyline. At night, you can also catch a light and water show.
Alluring Activities Hub
The Dubai Water Canal offers a plethora of sights and experiences that depict the rich culture and traditions. Other than exciting abra rides and dhow boat cruises, you can visit the Sheikh Mohammed Center and be a part of the informative workshops, guided tours, and traditional dining offered by this heritage center and learn about the rich cultures and local lifestyle.
Alserkal Avenue is another marvelous cultural landmark to check out. In this incredible hub, you’ll get to visit studios, art galleries, and multiple creative spaces to sense a true Bohemian spirit through the amazeballs art around. Warehouses have been turned into heavens for artists here and you will learn a lot about unique art, immersive heritage, and much more.
Awesome Adventuring Point
There’s nearly endless stuff you can do at the Dubai Water Canal and as per the prominent benefit, this place is a true bounty for those fond of strolling. The canal is surrounded by a 6.4 km long paved public walk, where you can jog, cycle, or simply walk and feel refreshed like never before! Extreme thrill-seekers can go Paddleboarding and Kayaking in the canal for added fun.
Other than the Aquatic adventures, you can visit Safa Park, which is an outstanding oasis of greenery situated next to the canal. Here you can take a walk through beautiful gardens or watch something fun at the amphitheater. Playgrounds and jogging tracks are also available, making this location a perfect picnic spot for people of all ages.
Endless Exceptional Experiences
Dubai Canal isn’t all about morning breezes and peaceful afternoons; the place turns into an astounding wonderland with the sunset. City and bridge lights reflecting on the waters make a true feast for the eyes. To make your time more enjoyable, you can dine on the cruise or at the hotels and restaurants by the canal sidewalks.
The Annual Dubai Canal Festival is one exceptionally best events to attend. In this annual extravaganza, you’ll be entertained with immersive traditional performances. Other than that, you can check out and shop at the stalls and experience cultural richness in magical and memorable ways. Make sure you visit the canal at the time of festival organization.
Amongst all the wonders and tourist attractions in Dubai, the Dubai Water Canal holds significant value. For the foremost notable aspect, it offers the most mind-blowing destination for fun strolls that will be a calmative treat for your mind and body. And of course, there are lots of other exciting things to do and explore here as well. This artificial canal is a distinctive epitome of the marvelous architectural excellence of Dubai and certainly a must-visit destination. In the end, we hope that you’ll find this article greatly entertaining and highly informative as well, and we also wish you a memorable visit to the canal!
Check out the Down Town which is also in Dubai and UAE too.